Manually cleaning the pool can be a time consuming and tiring task, but now it doesn’t need to be. An above ground pool vacuum robot automatically cleans every corner of the pool without you having to out any effort. Based on the price, functions, and uses we have shortlisted the products in the guide.
Things to Consider
- Some of the cleaners work at the top of the pool and then goes down to clean the surface and some of them crawl on the sides
- It is very important to consider the size of the basket that is used to collect the debris
- If your pool is surrounded by plants and trees than you will need a bigger basket as more leaves and debris will fall in the pool
- Carefully consider the size of the pool and debris there is in the pool before finalizing the budget
- If you want an advance feature like bigger baskets for collecting dirt then you will have to spend more money
- You can find a wide range of features in the vacuums for pools, just sit back and decide on what you need
- Many robotic cleaners allow you to control every setting from your smartphones
- Some might also allow you to preschedule the cleanup but all these features come with the higher price
- The good quality cleaners will always provide you with extra accessories to make your life easy
- These accessory kits make your life easier in the long run and give you multiple options for cleaning
- Some of these accessories include extra hoses or adapters for pumps
- The pool cleaners have a lot of parts that can get damaged so look for a product that gives you a long warranty
- With a long warranty, you will be sure that your product is worth the investment
Top 8 Above Ground Pool Vacuum Robot
|Hayward Poolvergnuegen 896584000-013|
☞ Automatic cleaner
☞ Patented tread
☞ Picks larger debris
|Dolphin Escape Robotic Above Ground Pool Cleaner|
☞ Hypergrip continuous track system
☞ Big cartridge
☞ Float directional system
☞ One moving part design
☞ Automatic valve adjustments
|Zodiac Baracuda Automatic Pool Cleaner|
☞ Variable speed pumps
☞ Cyclone vacuum
☞ Low-flow design
|Zodiac Ranger Above-Ground Pool Cleaner|
☞ One moving part
☞ Smooth glide
☞ Quiet working
|XtremepowerUS Automatic Suction Pool Cleaner|
☞ Includes 10 hoses
☞ No electricity required
☞ Suitable for a pool of 30’
|Intex Auto Pool Cleaner|
☞ Easy to use
☞ Automatically reverses direction
☞ Inlet connector with a long hose
|Water Tech Pool & Spa Cleaner|
☞ Operate for 45 minutes
☞ Rechargeable batteries
1. Hayward Poolvergnuegen 896584000-013
- Automatic cleaner
- Picks larger debris
- Patented tread
- Self-adjusting vanes
- Expensive replacement parts
- This 2 wheel vacuum is suitable to clean the pool of 16’x32’
- The patented self-adjusting turbine vanes allow you to have maximum power no matter what the flow is
- Its tire treads are suitable to manage cleaning over any obstacle
- With the adjustable roller skirt, you can now do suction on any uneven surface
- To ensure the coverage of the full pool it has multiple pre-programmed internal steering
This best above ground pool robotic cleaner can clean the pools with a size of 16×32 inches. This above ground pool cleaner robot can pick out large debris that an average vacuum cannot.
Regardless of the water flow, the self-adjusting turbine vanes will provide you the maximum power to clean the pool. The multiple pre-programmed steering can ensure the full pool to be cleaned.
To overcome the problems of obstacle and uneven surface the unit includes an adjustable roller skirt and patented tire treads. The drawback of this best above ground pool robotic cleaner is that in case you have to replace any part it will cost you a lot.
I bought this on the recommendation of my pool guy. I am glad I took his advice because it is an amazing cleaner.
2. Dolphin Escape Robotic Above Ground Pool Cleaner
- Big cartridge
- Hypergrip continuous track system
- Dual scrubbing brush
- Robotic scanning
- Unable to pick fine debris
- The dual scrubbing brushes get rid of stubborn and difficult contaminants
- Its debris cartridge can hold 60% more debris as compare to normal cleaner
- The vacuum robot utilizes SmartNav 2.0 robotic scanning
- This lightweight 14lbs unit uses an efficient 24V DC motor
This sleek above ground pool cleaner robot just weighs at 14lbs that makes it portable. Also, you can depend on its durable DC motor with the power of 24V. The best above ground pool vacuum utilizes only 180 watts of power which makes it very affordable.
You don’t have to be in mess of having so many bags because it comes with the cartridge that has 60% more capacity to hold debris as compare to other models. But the problem with this best above ground pool vacuum is that you won’t be able to pick the fine particles of debris.
To improve the traction, this best above ground robotic pool cleaner has a Hypergrip continuous track that uses tracks instead of wheels to move. Furthermore, SmartNav 2.0 robotic scanning makes sure to clean your pool without missing any part.
The quality of this dolphin above ground pool cleaner is great. I am using it on my above ground pool and so far it is working amazingly.
3. Pentair 360042
- Float directional system
- Automatic valve adjustments
- One moving part design
- For the full cleaning coverage of the pool this unit has introduced a dive float directional system
- To set the ideal speed for a thorough cleanse the valve automatically regulates
- The roller straps move around the ladder and uneven surfaces to clean them properly
- Because of the cleaner wings, all the dirt directly goes into the filtration system
- You can depend on this unit because of its one moving part design
This one moving part design cleaner will give you dependable performance. There are many modern-day technologies introduced in this best above ground robotic pool cleaner to provide effective performance and that is the reason the price of this product is high.
The automatic valve regulates itself and adjusts to the ideal speed to clean the pool. To make sure you don’t miss the spot around the steps or uneven surface the roller straps are introduced in this one of the best above ground pool cleaners.
Apart from all these, clear wings of this one of the best above ground pool cleaners take all the debris and dirt directly to the filtration system that makes it dependable and easy to use.
It required a lot of adjusting so it can work properly but when all the adjustments were made the performance was great.
4. Zodiac Baracuda Automatic Pool Cleaner
- Variable speed pumps
- Low-flow design
- Cyclone vacuum
- Multiple hose option
- Tank-like tracks
- The right pool set up is required for it to work
- Its innovative low-flow design makes it suitable for the pools with variable speed pumps
- For the aggressive wall climbing and vacuuming, it has cyclonic suction
- It contains swiveling hoses which quickly connects, making the assembling easy
- With its tank-like tracks now you can get a better grip
This one of the budget-friendly above ground pool cleaners utilizes the low flow design for better cleaning and provides you the option for attaching multiple hoses.
This one of the electric above ground pool cleaners is more suitable for those who have pools with 2 or variable speed pumps.
The cyclonic suction makes the cleaning easy from each wall and corner. This one of the above ground pool cleaners aggressively climbs the wall for cleaning and has strong vacuuming power.
To make the assembling easy it comes with swiveling hoses. This one of the electric above ground pool cleaners has a better grip with the tank-like tracks. The only issue is you will need a proper pool set up to makes this unit work.
It worked amazingly for 2 year but now hoses are falling apart. Too bad the material isn’t chemical resistant.
5. Zodiac Ranger Above-Ground Pool Cleaner
- One moving part
- Quiet working
- Smooth glide
- Easy to use
- Self-adjusts water flow
- Not good at picking all the debris
- This vacuum cleans out the above ground pool up to the depth of 72 inches
- The one moving part technology allows this unit to work quietly and quickly
- Its unique deflector wheels prevent it from getting stuck on the corners or steps
- Along with its 32 feet of feed hose, it comes pre-assembled to make the installation easy
- The smooth working and sliding over the surface is made easy through AG disc
- To provide the best performance the flow-keeper valve and insta-skim valve automatically regulates
This above ground pool vacuum can dish out up to 72 inches. It has one moving part design that makes it less prone to breaking. The operation of this unit is quiet and it doesn’t create any hammer noises.
With its 32 inches feed hose, the automatic pool cleaners for above ground pools come pre-assembled with easy instructions to use it. The unique deflector wheel feature ensures it doesn’t get stuck in any corner or steps on the pool.
With the AG disc the cleaning has become easy and smooth it slides on the bottom to clean. The flow keeper valve and insta-skim compact will automatically adjust the water flow so you don’t have to worry about it.
The only issue with these automatic pool cleaners for above ground pools is that it is unable to pick all the debris.
We have used it twice and so far it is working great. It cleaned the sides but kept missing one spot and we had to manually guide it.
6. XtremepowerUS Automatic Suction Pool Cleaner
- Includes 10 hoses
- Suitable for a pool of 30’
- No electricity required
- Uses existing filtration system
- Doesn’t clean the stairs
- Pool pump required
- It comes with 10 hoses that you can use in 30’ pool but cannot use it on the stairs
- For it to work you will need a 3/4hp pump for pool or GHP of 1600
- It easily attaches to the existed filtration system and does not require any tool or electricity
- This cleaner moves at the speed of 8-12 ft per minute in the pool
This above ground pool sweeper comes with 10 hoses that you can attach to the unit. This specific above ground pool vacuum is suitable for the pools up to 30’ but unfortunately, it is not able to clean the stairs in the pool.
For this above ground pool sweeper to work you will need a pool pump or 1600 GHP otherwise it won’t work. It may not need electricity which is a big advantage but it depends only on the existing filtration system of the pool.
To provide the fast cleaning of the pool and getting to every corner, this above ground pool vacuum moves at the speed of 8-12ft per minute.
This vacuum is worth the investment and the working is quite well.
7. Intex Auto Pool Cleaner
- Easy to use
- Inlet connector with a long hose
- Automatically reverses direction
- Not good for picking out debris
- The vacuum needs a filter pump that can handle the flow rate between 1600-3500gph
- It has the feature of automatically reverse the direction to clean the pool
- It comes with 24ft 7 inches hose that you can easily attach to the inlet
- To get the maximum performance you need to ensure to take out all air pockets from the hose
You cannot use this robotic above ground pool cleaner on the in-ground pools it is just suitable for the aboveground pools. The unit comes with the long hose that you can connect to the inlet to clean the pool properly.
With these robotic pool cleaners for above ground pools, you will require to attach a filter pump that will be able to handle the water flow rate between the range of 1600-3500gph.
With its simple design, it is very easy to use just make sure to clean all sorts of air pockets from the hose.
To make the cleaning process easy the best automatic above ground pool vacuum has the feature to automatically reverse the direction to clean every side. The only con of this product is that it is not the most ideal model to take out the debris.
We are using this for 2 seasons and the filters are decent. The product cleans out everything nicely.
8. Water Tech Pool & Spa Cleaner
- Rechargeable batteries
- Operate for 45 minutes
- Not strong suction
- With this easy to use and the lightweight product, you don’t need any hose or cord
- The vacuum comes with a rechargeable battery instead of the cord to attach to electricity
- The technology utilized in this makes the cleaning process quicker and comes with reusable filter bags
- The vacuum head of this cleaner is 7.4 inches
This one of the multi-purpose above ground swimming pool vacuums works without a cord, so you don’t have to worry about the mess. The lithium batteries are utilized in this unit that is also rechargeable.
With a simple push-button, you can get this above ground pool cleaner robot started. It will work continuously for 45 minutes to take any sort of dirt from the pool.
The only con of the product is that the suction might not be the most ideal as compared to other products which can be overlooked because of its quick cleaning.
With the price it comes in, the product works great. Just wish the suction would be better.
All the above ground pool vacuum robot are worth the price. The decision depends on your choice and preferences, the more features you are looking in the cleaner the more price you will have to pay for it.
Best of luck in finding the best option for you.
1. What is the best vacuum for an above ground pool?
With all the advance and durable features, Hayward Poolvergnuegen 896584000-013 is the best vacuum for an above ground pool.
2. What is the best above ground automatic pool cleaner?
Dolphin Escape Robotic Above Ground Pool Cleaner is the best above ground automatic pool cleaner you can find in the market.
3. Do robotic pool cleaners work?
Though they are expensive but the robotic pool cleaners work effectively. They instead of relying on a filtration system has their bag attached to collect debris with their pump.
4. How long do robotic pool cleaners last?
With good maintenance, they can last from 3-5 years and if you are lucky they can also last up to 8 good years.
5. What is a good size for an above ground pool?
The minimum recommendation for the size is 15sq ft in diameter and it can fit 11-12 people. Or if you want more capacity a 30ft pool is a good size.