Whether you are a professional quilter or embroider or even a hobbyist, you need to find the best sewing machine for quilting and embroidery to fulfill the needs. Making the right choice out of the massive collection available on the market can be a bit difficult. We have the complete buying guide and reviews to choose the best sewing machines that sew quilt and embroidery.
Features to Consider for the Best Sewing Machines for Quilting and Embroidery
- You can explore more creative designs with the sewing machines offering a variety of stitches.
- There should be at least 100 stitch options in a sewing machine as these features cannot be added later.
- The sewing machines that are made of metal frames can be used for a longer period.
- Those made of plastic frames are commonly used but they break down rapidly and cannot be repaired easily.
- The hoop size is an important factor to look for to use your sewing machine for a variety of projects.
- A sewing machine with a 5” x 7” hoop can be used for larger projects. While 4” x 4” hoops are suitable to use for smaller projects.
- You can place your materials on and work comfortably using quilting sewing machines with wider tables. A table of 8 feet size is perfect for placing longer pieces of fabric for cutting. For smaller sewing rooms, 4 feet long table is enough.
- The sewing machine should not fall over because of long and heavy stuff. The machine weighing approximately 25 pounds offers enough stability.
- The sewing machines having automatic buttonholes make your job easier as you can stitch them in a single step. This feature helps you to get consistent and professional results.
- This added accessory is not a must. But if you want to complete your job quicker and easier, a built-in needle threader is a great addition.
- It saves you from hurting your finger while threading the needle. You can also start your next project faster.
- The machines with drop-in bobbin features are easier and safer to operate. You can easily thread and get better stitch quality.
- The free arm allows you to stitch the edges and sleeves including narrow pieces with ease. You can stitch the cuffs, sleeves, and borders of denim jeans easily due to this feature.
- You can customize your embroidery designs with the sewing machines having an LCD screen.
- LCD with a preview function makes it easier to select the suitable color as per your requirements.
- You will be able to complete the job faster and start the next one if the sewing machine takes less time to stitch.
- The sewing machine that completes at least 700 stitches in a minute will help you to save time.
- If your machine can be connecter to your computer, you can download or create custom embroidery designs. It will also save your time and money to hunt for various designs.
- The additional features in a combined sewing and embroidery machine include embroidery foot, presser foot, zipper foot, lights, and thread cutter.
Reviews of Top 6 Sewing Machine for Quilting and Embroidery
|1. Brother Sewing Machine for Quilting and Embroidery|
-Product dimensions: 23.19” x 13.43” x 11.54”
-Weight: 22.1 pounds
-Sewing Stitches: 240 built-in stitches, 10 styles of buttonholes
|4.8||Price on Amazon|
|2. Brother Computerized Best Quilting Sewing Machine |
-Product dimensions: 20.16” x 17.8” x 12.52”
-Weight: 19.27 pounds
-Sewing stitches: 165 built-in stitches, 8 styles of buttonholes
|4.8||Price on Amazon|
|3. Janome Computerized Best Sewing Machine for Quilting|
-Product dimensions: 15” x 19” x 10”
-Weight: 22.2 pounds
-Sewing stitches: 120 built-in stitches, 7 buttonholes
|4.7||Price on Amazon|
|4. Juki Full-sized Computerized Best Quilting Sewing Machine|
-Product dimensions: 17.5” x 8.2” x 11.4”
-Weight: 33.6 pounds
-Sewing stitches: 16 types of buttonholes
|4.6||Price on Amazon|
|5. Singer Computerized Portable Quilting Embroidery Machine|
-Product dimensions: 17.25” x 8.25” x 12”
-Weight: 20 pounds
-Sewing stitches: 600 built-in stitches, 5 fonts, 13 buttonholes
|4.5||Price on Amazon|
|6. Portable Sewing Machine for Quilting and Embroidery|
-Product dimensions: 18.3” x 14.1” x 10.4”
-Weight: 15.07 pounds
-Sewing stitches: 200 built-in stitches, 8 buttonholes
|4.5||Price on Amazon|
1. Best Brother Sewing Machine for Quilting and Embroidery
- Built-in memory to save designs
- Custom sewing stitches
- Loads of accessories
- Larger embroidery area
- Easy to use
- Some of the designs are out of fashion
- Product dimensions: 23.19” x 13.43” x 11.54”
- Weight: 22.1 pounds
- Embroidery area: 5” x 7”
- Embroidery designs: 138 designs, 11 fonts
- Sewing Stitches: 240 built-in stitches, 10 styles of buttonholes
Brother SE1900 comes with an advanced needle threader and drop-in top bobbin. These features help you to easily push the thread through the needle. This best brother sewing machine for quilting and embroidery is great for monogramming. It also includes a 3.2” LCD touchscreen to preview your designs and run through the editing options. This embroidery machine with a large hoop and 8 sewing feet is perfect for bigger projects. You can also design your own custom sewing stitches and save them as well. This best sewing machine for beginners includes a built-in USB port to import your favorite embroidery designs. The 11 fonts of this machine include 7 English, 3 Japanese, and 1 Cyrillic font. You will get a 25-year limited warranty with free technical support.
2. Brother Computerized Best Quilting Sewing Machine
- Extended table
- Free arm
- Alphanumeric sewing stitches
- Durable and flexible
- Convenient usage
- Loaded features
- None so far
- Product dimensions: 20.16” x 17.8” x 12.52”
- Weight: 19.27 pounds
- Sewing stitches: 165 built-in stitches, 8 styles of buttonholes
This best sewing machine for quilting comes with 110 built-in utility, decorative, and heirloom stitches. It also includes 55 alphanumeric stitches and 8 styles of auto-size buttonholes. You can easily thread the needle using the fast needle threading system and the jam-resistant drop-in bobbin. It is the best beginner sewing and quilting machine. It allows you to choose the stitch options conveniently with the help of the push button of the LCD. You can stitch the sleeves and cuffs using this best sewing machine for free-motion quilting. It can be used for bigger quilt projects as it has a wide table and protective hard case. You can enjoy loads of features that include buttonhole, zipper, overcasting, blind stitch, monogramming, button sewing, quilting feet, and 8 presser feet. It also includes a 25-year limited warranty with technical phone support.
3. Janome Computerized Best Sewing Machine for Quilting
- Can be used for every type of sewing
- Needle up/down feature
- Lock stitch button
- Precision tension dial
- User friendly
- Not very suitable for monogramming
- Product dimensions: 15” x 19” x 10”
- Weight: 22.2 pounds
- Sewing stitches: 120 built-in stitches, 7 buttonholes
- Stitching speed: 820 stitches per minute
The sewing quilting machine attachments come with built-in alphabets and an automatic needle threader. The control panel with an LCD panel makes your stitching experience great and convenient. The jam-resistant top loading bobbin makes it very easier to change your bobbin. You can sew in reverse for reinforced stitching with the help of the reverse stitch button. The thread cutter button, lock stitch button, and needle up/down button features make them the best quilting machine for beginners. The included accessories are an extension table, hardcover, zipper, instructional DVD, different sewing foot, and automatic buttonhole. You will also get spool holders, screwdriver, lint brush, spool pin, seam ripper, instruction book, and stitch chart. It includes a precision tension dial to set control your tension. This machine can be used for patchwork, high fashion, and quilting. It is also a quilting machine for home use.
4. Juki Full-sized Computerized Best Quilting Sewing Machine
- Powerful and reliable
- Industrial sewing expertise
- Free-motion sewing with stable thread tension
- Perfect for quilting projects
- Product dimensions: 17.5” x 8.2” x 11.4”
- Weight: 33.6 pounds
- Sewing stitches: 16 types of buttonholes
This sewing machine for quilting comes with box feed technology for nice stitching. It offers high-quality stitching for different types of stuff with an accurate feeding mechanism. The light to heavyweight materials can be stitched easily without any shrinkage. You can use this machine for larger projects as it comes with a wider table and underarm space. This good sewing machine for quilting includes a knee lifting lever to raise and lower the presser foot. It is equipped with a dual-LED to brighten the sewing area. The steel feed dog and improved presser foot provide powerful feeding. You can even sew the borders of denim jeans with ease. This best quilting sewing machine is loaded with features that are automatic buttonholes, automatic needle threader, adjustable cutting width, and easy bobbin thread winding. You can a enjoy 5-year warranty on the machine head unit.
5. Singer Computerized Portable Quilting Embroidery Machine
- Heavy-duty metal frame
- Autopilot function
- Skip-free sewing and durable
- High quality and valuable
- Equipped with all essential accessories
- Loaded with features
- Cannot use quilting bar with walking foot
- Product dimensions: 17.25” x 8.25” x 12”
- Weight: 20 pounds
- Sewing stitches: 600 built-in stitches, 5 fonts, 13 buttonholes
- Stitching speed: 850 stitches per minute
This computerized portable sewing machine includes basic, stretch, and decorative stitches. You can use it for home décor, crafting, quilting, and fashion sewing. It eliminates the eye strain due to an automatic needle threader. The mirror imaging and stitch elongation offer creative possibilities. The accessories included are a variety of presser feet, zipper foot, buttonhole foot, button sewing foot, overcasting foot, sarin stitch foot, blind hem foot, darning and embroidery foot, cording foot, and walking foot. The needle up/down button helps easy pivoting such as free-motion sewing, topstitching, and sewing on the pocket. It also includes an extension table, seam ripper, lint brush, spool pin, screwdriver, seam guide, quilting bar, clearance plate, and shank. This machine has easy to load drop-in bobbin system, 2 stay bright LED lights, and electronic twin needle settings. It also has a 25-year limited warranty.
6. Portable Sewing Machine for Quilting and Embroidery
- Portable and flexible
- Easy sewing
- Enhanced creative capability
- Drop feed for decoration
- Variable speed control
- None so far
- Product dimensions: 18.3” x 14.1” x 10.4”
- Weight: 15.07 pounds
- Sewing stitches: 200 built-in stitches, 8 buttonholes
The UTEN sewing machine comes with multiple buttons like the start/stop button, reverse button, and needle up/down buttons. The LCD screen helps you to easily select stitch options with the push of a button. The electric and handheld modes make it the best beginner sewing and quilting machine. It includes 5 presser feet with zigzag foot, zipper foot, blind stitch foot, and buttonhole foot. This best sewing machine for home also contains an easy set drop-in bobbin, built-in needle threader, free arm, twin needle settings, and automatic bobbin winding system. The basic technology makes it the best sewing machine for quilting beginners. It features variable speed control, automatic tension, and stitch length and width. You will also get technical support.
All these sewing machines are great that will help you to have a good stitching experience. We hope that you find your best sewing machine for quilting and embroidery according to the needs. The features and quilting machine reviews that are mentioned will help you find the right one for you to complete a variety of projects.
For tips about taking care of your sewing machine click here.
What is used to move the fabric while sewing?
Feed dog is the part of the sewing machine that helps to pull your fabric through the machine while sewing. These are the small metal ridges that are in the middle of the throat plate. The greater the pressure you put on the foot pedal, the faster the feed dogs will move the fabric through the machine.
What does a quilting sewing machine do?
The quilting sewing machine is used to sew through layers of fabric in rows or patterns. You can sew together a quilt top, quilt batting, and quilt backing into a finished one. It is important to have large throat sewing machines for quilting.
What is the best sewing machine for quilting and embroidery?
Brother SE1900 is the best sewing machine for quilting and embroidery. This top-rated sewing machine is perfect for larger projects. It includes loads of accessories and features. This machine comes with a needle threader, drop-in bobbin, custom sewing stitches, an LCD screen, and a built-in USB port.
What is the best sewing machine with embroidery?
Brother SE1900 is the best sewing machine with embroidery. You will get 138 built-in embroidery designs and 11 fonts. These fonts include 7 English, 3 Japanese, and 1 Cyrillic font. This machine has a larger embroidery area of 5” x 7”. The built-in memory and 3.2” LCD screen help you to save and preview your designs.
What is the best sewing machine for free-motion embroidery?
Singer computerized portable sewing machine is best for free-motion embroidery. The needle up/down button is great for easy pivoting. You can enjoy skip-free sewing due to the heavy-duty metal frame. It includes all essential accessories and features.
What should I look for when buying a sewing machine?
The features that you should consider include a needle threader, stitch options, buttonholes, a free arm, a bobbin system, and an LCD screen. The stitch length, width, weight of the machine, table size, and frame construction are also important factors to look for.
What is the best sewing machine for quilting?
Janome is the best sewing machine for quilting. The needle up/down feature, thread cutter button, and lock stitch button makes it the best sewing machine for quilting beginner. It can be used for all types of sewing. It is a very user-friendly and good quilting machine for home use.