Grill pan for electric stove is an alternative for outdoor grills. Though they don’t give you the exact taste but, can help in grilling indoor to those who do not have a backyard. The assembled list for the electric stove grill pan and grill pan for gas stove as well.
Some consideration for buying your right grill pan for your electric stove top or even for the gas stoves as well.
Things to Consider Before Buying a Grill Pan for Electric Stove
- Grill pans are mostly made to be non sticking. Mostly, the material from which the grill pans are made includes cast iron, aluminum, stainless steel and copper.
- Generally, you will find the grill pans that are made of cast iron. Low quality cast iron grill pan requires high temperature for the consistent and uniformity of heat for food.
Size of Grill Pan
- Size of a grill pan determines how much food can it easily cook. The maximum size of a grill pan is 20 inches (width wise).
- The average size of a grill pan is 11 inches that can cover more than one stove area of your stove. Some pans are wide enough that they can cover 2 stoves if cooking on an electric stove.
- Oven rating is considered as well while using a grill pan. Although they cannot not give the taste of real grill but can imitate the taste.
- the grill pans require uniformity of heat at high temperature which is difficult when cooking on the electric stoves or even on the gas stoves. Make sure to check the oven rating of the grill pan.
- The common temperature that a grill pan supports is around 300F or 450F.
- The griddle pan you are going to be non-sticking to prevent the food from over-cooking. Mostly the meat being cooked on the grill pan extracts the juices and oil that cause greasiness which make it difficult to clean the ridges.
- Heat retention of a grill pan is the time of the pan for retaining the heat on the pan. The average measured time of the heat retention varies. The estimated time is from 5 minutes to 15 minutes.
Top 5 Best Grill Pan for Electric Stove
Image Name Ratings Check Price
Le Creuset Enameled Cast Iron
☞20 x 10 size
☞Fits over 2 burners
4.7/5 Check Price
Legend Cast Iron Griddle for Gas Stovetop
☞Made of premium steel
☞20 x 10 size
4.6/5 Check Price
☞Aluminum Die Cast Griddle
☞4.5 cm deep sides
☞Works with every stove
4.6/5 Check Price
Lodge Pre Seasoned Grill
☞20 x 10.5 cooking area
☞Made out of cast iron
☞Require small amount of oil
4.5/5 Check Price
Ekoteq Cast Iron Grill pan
☞Made of Cast Iron
☞Requires medium heat
3.9/5 Check Price
1. Le Creuset Enameled Cast Iron
- 20 x 10 size
- Fits over 2 burners
- Dishwasher Safe
- Squared heating grill pan
This grill pan for electric stove is our best pick. This pan is among those stovetop griddle pans that are non-stick if a little grease (oil or something) is not used. This non stick electric grill pan is made of high quality cast iron.
The heat conduction of this stove top griddle pan is great and spreads all around easily. It requires less than 4 minutes to heat up and spread the heat evenly.
The heat retention is great in the front area. The ridges of this grill pan electric stove is high that can be like a block which prevents easy drainage. It weighs almost 8 pounds which is the average weight of a grill pan.
2. Legend Cast Iron Griddle for Gas Stovetop
- Made of premium steel
- 20 inches
- 20 x 10 size
- Fits 2 stove
- 12.07 weight
This is another best grill pan for electric stove and a reliable choice as it is durable. This is the grill pan for stove whether it is for electric or works with gas. It is made with a solid cast of pure and premium grade steel and iron.
The 20 x10 inches cooking surface with 2 handles for easy grip, fit over the two burners. It can easily bear the high and the low level of heat. The handles of this non stick electric grill pan is real cast iron mold that allow to put it in oven or else you can serve your food on to the plank.
It can be used as griddle, grill and as a serving tray that keeps the food warm. Along with that you will get a cast iron booklet.
3. Jean Patrique
- Aluminum Die Cast Griddle
- 4.5 cm deep sides
- Works with every stove
- Suitable for temperature up to 250 degrees
This grill pan is able to work with every kind of stove whether it is electric, gas burner, induction or even if you want to cook in oven too.
The Jean Patrique grill pan has deep ridges which makes cleaning a bit difficult. The depth of this grill pan is 4.5 cm. as a multi-tasker, it could cook, grill, sizzle and sauté your food.
It can easily cook food up to 250 degrees of temperature in the oven as it is made out of high quality cast-aluminum. The thing which is only turn off for this is the weight. This grill pan weighs 2.02 kgs which makes it heavier than others.
4. Lodge Pre Seasoned Grill
- 20 x 10.5 cooking area
- Made out of cast iron
- Oven Safe
- Can perform all cooking tasks related to grill
- Require small amount of oil
This stove top pan can go with induction as well. It comes with a wide area with uniformity of heat. This electric stove grill pan is non-sticking in nature however, the cast iron is not really non-sticking. Sometimes some food content gets stuck to the ridges.
The heat conduction of this grill pan for electric stove is good as it heats up within 5 minutes on a medium flame but the heat retention is average. You can use it freely on gas tops, Broilers and also this cooker grill pan is freezer safe as well.
Ridges of this stove grill pan is round and the weight of this indoor grill pan for electric stove is 8.7 pound which makes is heavy than usual. Overall this product is good.
5. Ekoteq Cast Iron Grill pan
- Made of Cast Iron
- Requires medium heat
- Double sided
- 20 x 10 inches with easy grip handle
Ekoteq Grill pan is made out of good quality cast iron which heats up evenly. The non-stick cooking area of this grill pan for electric stove prevents burning of food whether it is steak or vegetables.
This non-stick grill pan works great with a little grease on the surface and easy to clean as well. It can cook well on medium flame. Make sure to use heat-resistant silicone, wooden and plastic spatula. It is suggested not use any kind of metallic spoons.
It is a multi-purpose grill pan which can cook on both sides as it can work as a grill pan and a griddle as well.
A real kitchen expert knows the value of every single tool, gadget or any other appliance.
The grill pan for electric stove is convenient pot for cooking. In this article you will find 5 suggestions for the stove grill pans that can go with both gas and electric stove as well. To read more related articles visit SMZSITE.Com
Can you use a grill pan on an electric stove?
Yes. A grill pan can be used on an electric stove but we suggest that if you are using a glass stove top then do not use a grill pan over it as a glass top stoves are not resistant for heavy pots and are more prone to scratches.
What type of pan is best for electric stove?
Aluminum, stainless steel, cast iron and copper made pots are suggested for the electric coil stove. Make sure the pot is preheated gradually before cooking the meal as it will provide a proper amount of heat.
How do you grill on an electric stove?
It is easy to use a grill pan. To cook on an electric grill pan, you just need to keep some simple things in mind. For proper cooking, make a cut of almost half inches so that the heat is reaches the food equally. Before you begin cooking, make sure to heat the grill pan on a medium flame before for perfect cooking.
Do electric stoves need special pans?
Electric stove tops although don’t have any specific restrictions regarding pots but it is better to use pots with flat surface with the electric hob as the base of the pan require
Do all pans work on electric stoves?
Every pot made with different material works better with different kind of cook tops. For electric stoves, stainless steel, copper, casting iron and aluminum pots are preferred.