Low voltage post cap lights not only light up the house but also they can easily cut the amount from the electricity bills. They can easily be installed and provides light constantly regardless of weather conditions.
Some important considerations for buying includes
Things to Consider Before Buying
- In general, the lifespan of these low voltage post lights is for like between 10 to 20 years.
- The fence post light however lasts for a long time. The halogen bulbs require replacement time to time probably for within a year or two.
- Incandescent light bulbs begin to fizzle after working almost 1,000 hours but, some of them last a bit longer.
- The energy is measured in watts. The halogen and incandescent bulbs consume high wattage. This makes it a no for energy-efficient choices.
- A led bulb is 12 watts. For brightening the house using low voltage watts, a led bulb is recommended because it alone can emit the light as a 60 watts incandescent bulb.
- A low voltage post lights bulb is available in different light ranges. You can find shades like warm (orange), yellow hue with white soft bulb, bright light and the blub with the tone between white and yellow.
- For a daylight event, a brighter white blub is preferred and for night warm-toned bulbs are suggested as the white bulb is more likely to attract the insects at night.
- To give an accent lighting ambiance, a yellow-hued is a trustworthy suggestion for low voltage fence post lights.
- Additional features that to look for include water-resistance, environment-friendly, safe and most importantly they should be energy-saving mode.
Top 8 Low Voltage Post Cap Lights
|1. Hykolity Low Voltage|
☞ 12 Volts
☞ LED Lights
☞ Aluminum Arcylic Materia
|2. Litom 12 LED Solar Landscape|
☞ Battery Operated
☞ 4 lightening modes
|3. Litom Spotlight|
☞ Brass material
☞ 3.7 volts
☞ LED bulbs
|4. Dekugaa Solar Ground|
☞ Stainless Steel Material
☞ 8 Watts
☞ 5 Volts
|5. Luposwiten Solar Motion|
☞ 3.7 volts
☞ 1.3 Watts
☞ LED light
|6. Linkind Led Bulb|
☞ 3.7 Volts
☞ 5 Watts
☞ LED Bulbs
|7. Covoart LED Bulb|
☞ 12 Volts
☞ 12 Watts
☞ LED Bulbs
1. Hykolity Low Voltage
- The aluminum construction of this low voltage outdoor post lighting makes it durable.
- The unique retro and stylish bronze surface with half-moon shape look more beautiful.
- If you want the WIFI version of these lights, you could search for ASIN to buy them.
- These 12 volts led post lights are waterproof, safe for indoor and outdoor use.
- Hykolity is a weather-resistant that helps to operate them in -13 degrees F up to 110 degrees F.
- Moreover, it comes with hardware and plastic integrated design.
- This low voltage fence lighting is designed aluminum pc and aluminum acrylic
- These are also used in commercial places like shopping malls, square, and hotels as decoration or lighting.
- -13 F to 110 F temperature
- Bronze product color
- Weather Resistant
- One 12 V power supply
- Cannot be connected to DC voltage
Total of 79% of consumers rated this product with 5 stars that divided 4.7 stars for easy to install, 4.7 to brightness, 4.5 to value for money.
2. Litom 12 LED Solar Landscape
- These energy-efficient LED deck post cap lights are lithium battery operated and provide bright and pleasantly warm and cold white light.
- When comes to material, made of durable die-cast aluminum in black finish with a long-lasting and efficient LED light source.
- It comes with 4 lightening modes.
- These models of decoration lights are great for decks, stairs, and even walkways of house and any commercial place.
- The low voltage transformer required for installation that is not included.
- The powerful 2W built-in LED light source is bright, and only consumes a fraction of the power compared to traditional incandescent and halogen lights.
- 4 lightening modes
- Provides light for 6 to 12 hours
- Rechargeable Battery Operated
- Black finish
- One year of warranty
- Needs transformer to go with it
A happy customer said that “These are great little light, easy to install, low voltage, last a long, well made, wire nuts included, warm white color, easy to mount and highly recommended.”
3. Litom Spotlight
- These deck post cap lights low voltage comes with exceptional durability from ABS plastic and monocrystalline silicon construction.
- You can use it anywhere which means that it is great for decks, patios, stairs, and walkways.
- This model is ETL-listed, pre-wired with UL-listed direct burial copper wire.
- It features energy-efficient warm light of white color with 300 Kelvin temperature.
- It is 25 W.
- This pack carries a weight of 4.5 pounds and has a dimension of 11.5 x 5.25 x 4.37 inches.
- Solid Plastic material
- Led Bulbs
- 3.7 Volts
- ETL certified
- Limited lifetime fixture warranty
- 1-year bulb warranty
- Length of the wire might be smaller
One of the customers had to say that “These lights are everything I hope for. Easy installation and extremely nice quality. Seller was awesome to work with 10 stars for this purchase”
4. Dekugaa Solar Ground
- The low voltage pillar lights are 5 volts and 4 watts
- It comes with a rechargeable battery
- It provides light for 8-10 hours straight with the 4-6 hours charging time
- These are veranda bronze finish post cap bulbs with champagne hammered glass.
- It is IP65 Water-resistant
- This may also be pier mounted with an adapter which is sold separately.
- Brighten up your walkways, pathways, and driveways with this four-light outdoor post light from the Bellagio collection.
- Brown color
- John Timberland brand
- Traditional style
- 4 watts
- Bulbs should be bought separately
The buyer said that “I love this fixture! I have looked for so long to find one that I liked, and this one is perfect! It is sturdy and super easy to install, I did it myself (I have never done it before). I had a problem with the fixture, but I emailed customer service at Lamps Plus and they took care of it! It is so wonderful to see a company so understanding and so serious about customer service. I truly appreciate the attention that they gave me.”
5. Luposwiten Solar Motion
- These lighted vinyl fence post caps will only fit 5 x 5 inches post, not 4 x 4 inches. Make sure to measure your post length before buy.
- It has one ultra-bright white LED which lasts up to 100,000 hours.
- Moreover, it is a pre-installed rechargeable AA battery that lasts up to two years before replacing it.
- Automatic sensor activates at dusk with a new and improved solar panel for superior charging performance.
- It is waterproof low voltage post cap lighting designed to protect the lights from natural elements.
- This is easy to install with no requirement of wiring.
- All the fence post attachments and parts are included in the package.
- The dimension of this model is 6 inches in length, 6 inches wide, 4.5 inches in height. The base dimensions are 5 inches in length and 5 inches wide.
- White color
- LED light
- 18.17 pounds weight
- Battery included
- Too white to match pillars and fences color
Customers are amazed by the looks, batteries, and view it gives at night to their houses.
6. Linkind Led Bulb
- This round fence post solar light caps is independently adjustable light and panel.
- Other alternatives with combines light panel head could be tough to get enough solar absorption while pointing the light up.
- For innogear solar spotlight, you can easily rotate solar panel 180 degrees up and down to capture sun energy effectively while obtaining the best lighting angle
- The light head is 90 degrees rotatable to illuminate any place that would be out of reach.
- With an output of 600 lumens, this round fence post solar light caps can cast a focused ray to highlight your flagpole or beautiful sculpture, even on the darkest of nights.
- With two working modes, you have the option to change the high mode (max 6hrs) to low mode (max 12 hrs) to extend the working time.
- The solar energy conversion rate is 30% faster than the old versions by using the latest technology and material.
- Solar spotlight detects the surrounding light condition and automatically turns on and off, a smooth panel surface keeps dirt and debris from accumulating and blocking sunlight.
- The package comes in a kit that includes all the tools you need to install the lights by either staking them into the ground or by mounting them onto a wall. Optimum for Patio Porch Path Deck Pool Yard Garden Garage Driveway Pathway, etc.
- Outstanding durability and quality
- Resistant to all extreme weather conditions
- Certified by FCC, CE, MSDS, etc
- Tool-free installation
- Energy savings
- Pack of only four
The purchaser had to say that “These lights are amazing! They are really nice looking in daylight and super bright at night. I was pleasantly surprised that they shine all night long whether in a high or low light setting. The stakes are sufficiently long to go deep into the ground so they’ll stay put. Excellent product.”
7. Covoart LED Bulb
- These deck post cap lights low voltage are made with heavy-duty cast aluminum with powder-coated finish.
- It included 12 volts and 2W G4 LED bulbs with a maximum of 3W.
- It comes in warm white color with 3000K temperature.
- This pre-wired post cap lights are UL listed and have 22 inches length SPT-1W 18 Gauge.
- It is well constructed and engineered model that is better compatible with 12 volts lighting systems.
- It adds safety to your deck, patios, stairs, and walkways.
- Deck and step light
- 20 inches cable
- Bulb is included
- One year of the limited warranty
- LED bronze color
- Pack of 12
- Only downlight direction
Customers are amazed at the working efficiency and quality of these lighted fence post caps.
If you are decorating your home or commercial places you need these beautiful looking low voltage post cap lights. Our compiled list is supposed to give you useful information that would make choosing the best model for the money easier for you. We sincerely hope that you would find our buying guide helpful in making a well-informed decision.
For more reviews CLICK HERE.
1. How do you wire post cap lights?
- Router a channel into the top rails than transfer the wire from under the deck to the top rail
- Drill a hole into the center of the top rail.
- Run the wire from the transformer to the first light.
- At each post cut the wire and separate the wires.
- Match the polarity of the wire and wrapped it with tape
- Plug the transformer into the outlet and turn it on.
2. How do you wire deck post lights?
- Draw up a lighting plan
- Connect to a power source
- Install stair lighting
- Mount a post light
- Install rope lighting